Accounts Payable Specialist
miRagen Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MGEN) is a publicly traded clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing proprietary RNA-targeted therapeutics with a specific focus on microRNAs and their roles in diseases where there is a high unmet medical need.
We currently seek an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist who will be a key member and contributor on the Finance team. The incumbent will be responsible for a majority of the accounts payable activities while supporting vendor invoice management activities related to clinical trial and CRO agreements.
Primary duties of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process 3-way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Ensure that accounts payable items are paid in a timely manner
- Involved with the Accounts Payable end of Month, Quarter and Annual close functions to meet deadlines
- Process check requests
- Audit and process credit card statements
- Assist with the payment process to include matching invoices to checks, obtaining all signatures for checks, and distribute checks accordingly
- Work with Senior Project Accountant in reconciling and processing all clinical trial invoices
- Assist with 1099 vendor maintenance and related reporting
- Work collaboratively with internal staff members and external vendors, addressing questions and issues
- Reconcile vendor statements and when necessary, conduct research to correct discrepancies
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual tax returns, including sales/use taxes and biotech refund accruals
- Maintain files and documentation in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with accounts payable deliverables for external audits and reviews
- Manage all SOX control requirements related to the accounts payable cycle, including required documentation, monitoring and performing controls, updating controls, assistance with testing controls, and participation in any other related internal control efforts
- Assist with other projects as needed
Suitable candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or equivalent and a minimum five to seven years of full cycle accounts payable experience, preferably in the biopharma/biotech industry. Candidates should have the demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Accounts payable experience in the biotech/clinical industry desired
- Strong working knowledge of accounting in a public company
- Sales and Use tax and 1099 processing experience
- Experience utilizing finance/accounting systems; familiarity with Acumatica preferred but not required
- Ability to implement continuous improvement measures to optimize the organization’s performance
- Familiarity with SOX compliant internal financial controls
- Ability to negotiate and resolve complex issues
- Exceptional time management and the ability to work with a sense of urgency, when needed
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS tools.
Interested candidates should apply here.